Healing Perspective

Friday, April 25, 2014

Volunteer

My husband is an Iraqi war veteran. When he was deploying the American Red Cross came to speak with everyone on their services that they provided. At the end, they let everyone know that they are always looking for volunteers. I decided to volunteer in the Service to the Armed Forces program. This program helped military members and their families to get in touch with each other in the case of an emergency while on deployment.

In the middle of dealing with a difficult situation for me and our kids, I was able to help people dealing with really emergencies. It helped me to keep perspective as well as a sense of purpose. I didn't receive a lot of calls but when I did it really made a difference in my life.

I'm not saying to volunteer for the Red Cross but there are tons of other places that always need help. Find something that interests you and help out for a few hours. Feel the difference it makes.

No comments: