Healing Perspective

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

First Challenge if you choose to except it is...an act of kindness!

A way to take care of yourself is allowing yourself to feel joy. Doing an act of kindness is a great way to do this. It can be scary but if your intention is to do this act without any thought of what's in for me or even what your belief of an outcome should be then whatever happens isn't the point. Doing the act is the point. And then see what happens! 

Your challenge is to find someone and do an act of kindness. It can be for someone you don't know, or for someone that deserves kindness, or for someone that you feel really DOESN'T deserve the kindness.

The hardest part of doing something you don't normally do is trying to come up with ideas. It may feel foreign to you. Helping a little old lady in a grocery store or just talking to her can be an idea. Seeing a struggling mother deal with an unruly child and telling her you've been there (if you have) or simply say, "hang in there. It will get better," could make a difference. Seeing a soldier and telling him that you appreciate his service. Simply opening a door and allowing someone to go in before you is a kindness. These are just a few ideas to help get the ball rolling.

I'd love to hear what your act was and how you felt doing it.

Remember if you would like to continue the challenge throughout the month jump over to my new Facebook page and click the Like button to get the challenges in your newsfeed each day.

5 comments:

Doreen McGettigan said...

I love your first post. I started a kindness challenge 3 years ago and it changed my life.
Acts of kindness are now habits;)
Good luck with the challenge.

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball said...

hello! popping in from the A-Z. I liked your fb page! I love your theme of writing about healing. The world needs so much healing, we are all broken on some level. I write a lifestyle blog that includes issues of faith and encouragement. Come visit my fb page/blog, if you'd like:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Adventures-in-the-Ballpark-Marianne-Ball/394038163950377?ref=hl
Nice to find you! Marianne Baker Ball

Patricia said...

Great theme for the challenge and acts of kindness is the way to begin!

Shelley Batt said...

Thanks ladies!

LuAnn Braley said...

I remember being in a neighborhood grocery store in north Texas one afternoon. There was a young mother with three children (in diapers, in the cart) in front of me. She didn't have enough money for whatever it was she was going to purchase. We weren't well off by any means, but I certainly had a couple of dollars to share, so I did. It felt incredible.

LuAnn Braley
AJ's Hooligans @AtoZChallenge
Back Porchervations