Healing Perspective

Friday, September 13, 2013

I'm back...again!

My life has taken another turn. This blog was about writing and mostly writing in the young adult category. I tried to write young adult but the universe had another idea.

Let me tell you a bit about myself and my work. I've written a book that I hope will be published one day. The working title is The Heal Perspective: Real Tools That Heal Abuse and Manage Symptoms of PTSD and Anxiety. (A working title.)

I've developed a six weeks course using everything I've learned by so many teachers from programs on T.V. to articles to books to a lot of my own insights over the last twenty years. It didn't take me that long to heal from the childhood abuse I endured, but I had undiagnosed PTSD that kept my world chaotic and full of anxiety. It came to light after my husband came back from serving in the Iraq war. He received paperwork informing him about the signs and symptoms of PTSD. When I looked over those symptoms, he had one and it lasted briefly. Then, I started to realize that I had almost all of them. On the one hand, it was a relief to know that I wasn't crazy or anxious because of weakness in mind or my inability to rise above my issues. I had something real. But, it was also overwhelming because at the time there didn't seem like a lot of help out there for this and there certainly wasn't a lot of help for those that didn't have a lot of money. My husband returned with no job (a lay off at work), a new baby on the way, and our health care due to be cut off. It was a difficult time, but within six months, things started to be okay again, but life went on and my PTSD was forgotten for the most part.

There's a section after this point that I had health issues. I had severe migraines, depression, and low energy. I won't bore you with all of my miserable details, but eventually, I hit rock bottom. I needed help. I didn't know where to turn. I prayed.

What came into my life was real tools to help me while I worked through my issues. It was a trial and error, but I'm able to handle triggers caused from my PTSD and keep myself from freaking out every time I had a trigger. It helped panic attacks and anxiety spirals.

I use spiritual practices along with behavioral adjustments. Today, I live my life full of hope, peace, and calm, well as calm as you can with three kids and a hubby.

I hope to fill this blog with information and insights from any area I feel that will help deal with anxiety, PTSD, abuse, parenting issues, and anything about life and coping with it.

If you have any questions, contact me through shelley.batt@yahoo(dot)com.

2 comments:

Murees Dupé said...

I think your positive attitude is amazing. After everything that you and your family have been through, you remained positive and you kept pushing through whatever obstacle you were facing. You are an amazing person. I wish you all the success in the world.

Shelley Batt said...

Thanks Murees. I appreciate your comment.